TEACHER IN LEADERSHIP AND ADMINISTRATION: GHANA TEACHER PRIZE 2023.
SELECTION CRITERIA AND ELIGIBILITY FOR GHANA TEACHER PRIZE 2023
(TEACHER IN LEADERSHIP AND ADMINISTRATION CATEGORY)
The Prize is open to professionally trained and licensed teachers currently working at the pre-tertiary education space (both public and private) and have been working as an administrator for not less than five (5) years. These may include but not limited to Directors of Education, Managers of Educational Units, School Improvement Support Officers (SISOs), Heads of schools etc.
An applicant is qualified for selection based on the following criteria:
1. Achieving demonstrable performance in the area of operation of the individual staff. For example, meeting deadlines with assignments to meet the expectation of the institution or office in the area where the staff operates. These include:
a. Having a clear vision and mission statement.
b. Submission of timely reports of institutions and other offices.
c. Evidence of financial stewardship and accountability.
d. Punctuality and comportment.
e. Efficiency and effectiveness in the institution.
f. Effective use of management systems.
g. Evidence of teamwork.
2. Recognition of the staff’s achievements in the institution or office, for example unique performances or an output that enables the institution to impact positively on the students/ teachers/staff.
3. Helping the department in which the staff works to achieve its targets (for example improved learning outcomes, etc.).
4. Commitment: staff who are committed to work, personal development and the projection of the image of the profession.
5. Community service in the areas of role modeling, mentorship, outreach, etc.
(Recognition through community awards, talks, seminars, membership of local organizations, contributions in media).
6. Contribution to teaching and the teaching profession: Public debates, research activities, writing articles, blogs, media participation, social media campaigns, events or conferences.
OTHER FACTORS FOR CONSIDERATION
1. Professional Competence
This category of assessment includes academic/professional qualifications, workshops, seminars, In-Service training, and evidence of quality delivery of service. The staff should be well informed especially about educational policies and issues.
2. Personality Factors
This includes the social, emotional, moral, emotional intelligence, role modeling to staff, students and community.
3. Contribution to the Community
This takes into account, staff’s participation in the socio-economic development of the community, provision of In-Service training, work experience in rural/urban settings, as well as support for the vulnerable is an added advantage.
4. Innovations and creativity
This includes new ways or approach to work and the use of technology. The staff sets realistic expectations and demonstrates problem solving abilities.
Based on the above criteria, nomination of teachers in administration is as follows:
ii. Staff nomination
iii. PTA of School nomination
iv. Community nomination (students, alumni, traditional / religious leaders).
v. Union nomination
Interested applicants should apply through the following links:
- https://forms.gle/FvyRd9KLG99qEn2y8 (Teacher in leadership and administration)
All applicants are expected to adhere strictly to the attached selection criteria. The deadline for
application is 31st May, 2023.