LICENSURE EXAMINATION FOR TEACHERS – 2019
The National Teaching Council is mandated by the Education Act 2008 (Act 778), section 9 to improve
professional standing and status of teachers and to license and register teachers in Ghana.
The purpose of the licensure examination is to enable qualified teachers to acquire a professional license,
and also attract excellent young graduates from the Universities and Colleges of Education who have the
required professional knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to deliver effectively in schools.
Eligibility for Licensure Examination – 2019
All teachers who hold the Diploma in Basic Education (DBE), Bachelor of Education (B. Ed) or a Post
Graduate Diploma in Education (PDGE) and are desirous of seeking employment with the Ghana Education
Service but could not register for the maiden Licensure Examination in September 2018 are required to
apply to write the examination.
All teachers who wrote the Ghana Teacher Licensure Examination in 2018 but failed in one, two or all
three papers are expected to register to re-sit the paper/papers in which they failed.
Candidates are expected to select from the list provided below, the WAEC regional centres they prefer to
write the examination;
Prospective candidates are to apply as follows:
- Northern Regions – Tamale
- Brong Ahafo Region – Sunyani
- Ashanti Region – Kumasi
- Central Region – Cape Coast
- Greater Accra Region – Accra/ Tema
- Western Region – Takoradi
- Volta Region – Ho
- In the case of the Upper West Region, the Centre is NJ Ahmadiyya College of Education.
For Eastern Region, the Centre is SDA College of Education.
- Fresh candidates are required to pay GHȻ220.00 to register for the examination
- Candidates who are re-sitting are to pay GHȻ100.00 for one (1) Re-sit paper
- All candidates must pay to any GCB Bank Ltd Branch nationwide
- Take PIN and Serial Number from GCB Bank Ltd.
- Log onto www.exams.ntc.gov.gh
- Click on Ghana Teacher Licensure Examination (GTLE) link
- Enter your e-voucher Serial No. and Pin
- Fill in all the fields and remember to upload your Passport-size photograph
- Review the information provided and submit
- Print summary of the inputs made.